Samstag, 27. April 2013

The café.


Link zu deutschem Text

Mmh. V-neck. I don't like v-necks.
What is that guy doing?
Just sitting there, from time to time nipping on his coffee while he's typing on his phony netbook. Weird.

I wonder what he's typing. Looks important.
He looks like he feels important. The way he takes his cup.

Does he have a girlfriend?
Probably. One as skinny as a stick, all picky "Ohh honeyyy!"

Gee, what the heck am I thinking?
Would never date him anyway. He's way to bragging.

I wonder for how long he's been sitting there.
I like his hair. It's cute. I bet it would look good with a cute face.
I bet his is not. Cute.
I want to see his face. I wonder what it looks like. Probably as phony as the rest of him.

But nice shoes.
What the heck is he typing?

OOHH MY GOD HE'S LOOKING AT ME!
Mmh mmh mmh. I'm totally looking for something in my purse.
Oh god. Is he still looking?
No. Good.
Puh. I hope he didn't see that I was staring.

Wow. His face. It looked so... nice. And caring. And his eyes.!
I wonder whether he's single.
Would he talk to me if I got his attention?
Maybe. But how get his attention? I could get up and scream. Would probably earn me more weird looks.
Better not. What then?
Heyy strangerrr loook at meee. Nope, telepathie doesn't work. Or I could just stare at him until he notices.

Alright then. ...
Uff, I think the people around me start noticing. Who cares. Keep staring. Just keep staring.

There! There was a glance!
The v-neck looks kinda good on him.
And he's facing his netbook again. Reading now. Closing windows. Seems to be done.
Now he's shutting it down.

Oh, another glance!
Was that a smile on his face? I think so. Was he smiling at me? Mmh. Noone else around he could be smiling to.
Whow.
Okay. He finished his coffee. Setting the cup down. And turning his head.
Towards me!
Gosh, I love that smile. What should I do? Should I smile back? He's obviously smiling at me. A little smile can't be wrong.

Oh god, what does my hair look like??
Too late now.
How long are we gonna hold that smile? Feels like we've been holding eye contact for hours. And still.
Those eyes. That smile.
I could fall in love with his face. And his hair.

"Ohh honeyyy!"
What What Whaaaat? Where's that coming from?
"Ready to go sweetie?"
"Yeah."
There she is.
Whaaat?
No!
Exactly how I imagined her. Skinny as a stick. All picky.
"Come on, let's get home."

He's getting up. Taking his jacket, putting it on. And they're leaving the café. Going out the door onto the street.

Hand in hand. 


***


We met at the wrong time. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. Maybe one day, years from now, we'll meet in a coffee shop in a far away city somewhere and we could give it another shot.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen